Raw Key Lime Pie
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pecans
- Dash of sea salt
- 10 pitted dates (make paste by food processing all pitted dates until forms a ball).
- Blend in food processor and then press into pie crust and place in freezer while you make filling.
Make date paste first. Next add pecans, macadamia nuts and a dash of sea salt. Blend until nuts and dates are well incorporated. Finally, press crust into pie plate and place in freezer while you make filling.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 avocados, slice in half, pit and scoop out right into the food processor
- 2 teaspoon liquid vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut milk (from a can is optional or make your own by blending the meat of a young coconut
with some of it’s water)
- 5 Drops of stevia or to taste, or monk fruit or ½ cup coconut nectar or honey to taste
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 tablespoon lecithin (or an additional 2 tablespoon coconut oil)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
1. Combine lime juice, avocados, salt, sweetener (stevia, monk fruit etc), coconut milk and vanilla and blend
in food processor until creamy
2. Taste test to determine if you need more lime, more stevia or more avocado if it’s too tart.
3. Warm coconut oil and butter on stove, but only to just melt it—not too hot—and add to processor with
lecithin and blend until incorporated and smooth.
4. Add to dessert dishes or ramekins and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
Serve chilled garnished with a slice of lime and a few raspberries for color.