Raw Clever Carrot Cake
This guilt inducing dessert has been transformed into a raw creation devoid of forbidden calories. Carrot cake is made with carrots, walnuts, almonds, shreds of coconut and cinnamon. It is glazed with creamy cashew frosting in place of the usual artery clogging cream cheese. Its intense nourishment, opulent look and celestial taste usually elicits cries of “It tastes better than baked”
- 7 carrots )I shred ½with grater attachment of food processor and then chop the other half in food processor
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight
- 11⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed (chia seed substitute or soak for 15- 20 minutes), soaked overnight
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins ( or Goji berries or golden berries)
- 3 tablespoons ground chia seed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, clove powders
- 1 cup coconut syrup or monk fruit, or honey or Jerusalem artichoke syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil,
- 2 Tbsp lecithin
- natural waxed paper
Process carrots, almonds, 1 cup of walnuts, and flax seed through Champion Juicer using the solid plate, or process in a food processor until well blended. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in shredded coconut, raisins, chia seed meal, vanilla, and sweetener, and mix well with a spoon. Cut a long strip of natural waxed paper 2 inches wide and apply along the wall of springform pan. Press mixture firmly into 10-inch springform pan. Refrigerate for two hours.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup raw coconut syrup, or honey or yucon syrup or a mixture juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste,
- 2 Tbsp lecithin
- 2 Tbsp coconut
Oil Icing Procedure
Blend cashews, sweetener, lemon juice, and vanilla in Vita-Mix blender or food processor until mixture is thick and creamy.
Unmold cake from springform pan and place on a serving platter.
Ice top and sides of cake and garnish with walnuts. Using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler, peel a carrot into spiral strips and make several cones for decoration.