Raw Chocolate Pie
- 1 ½-2 slightly heaping cups macademia nuts
- ½ heaping cup pecans (soaked and dehydrated)
- 11-15 or as much as 1 cup almonds (soaked and dehydrated)
Variation:Use Jungle peanuts instead of almonds, about 40 of them
- 7-8 dates pitted
- 1-2 Tbsp pecan nut butter or almond butter.
- Blend dates in food processor first and make date paste (it will blend into a ball)
- Remove ½ of date ball and add nuts and nut butter and process, then add the other half of date ball and food process.
- Press crust into bottom of glass pie plate and also press up against sides of pie plate.
- Put into freezer while you make filling.
- 1 cup plus cacao paste
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter well.(optional)
- Often the Arrow is enough, or you can also use Tapioca flour.
- 1/3 cup coconut syrup or Monk fruit to taste, or Jerusalem artichoke syrup or raw honey oror yucon.(to taste) or a combination of some of them.
- 2 Tbsp or more to taste cacao powder, (I tend to grind my own from nibs but without a good grinder it may be gritty)
- Pinch of Saigon Cinnamon Dash of cayenne
- 1 tsp raw vanilla powder (you can substitute liquid vanilla but powder is best)
- 2 large avocados (can add more if they are small) May need to add a little more cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp organic lecithin or add
- 4 Tbsp of organic coconut oil (this helps it set)
Variation: Add 2 tsp Maca powder, or Macuna powder.
Variation: You can add 2-4 drops peppermint oil or orange oil
- Blend all Filling ingredients except for coconut oil and lecithin. Incorporate well in food processor.
- Add coconut oil or lecithin and blend well.
- Fill pie crust (which has been chilling in freezer).
- Put entire pie in freezer for about 30 minutes then either serve or put in refrigerator.
- If you aren’t in a hurry you can refridgerate for 2 hours and it will be set and ready to eat.
- Serve with fresh berries, raw coconut meringue or coconut kream