Raw Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Cheezecake
This Vegan cheezecake is the perfect holiday or any-time celebration surprise!
Equipment: Springform pan, vitamix, and or food processor
- I used Madademia nuts but you can do almonds or pecans as well. I will give you an option to use coconut flakes in the crust, but it’s optional.
- 1 ¼ cup nuts (almonds or madademia or pecans as well) if you use coconut flakes then reduce nuts to 1 cup.
- ¾ cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 ½ ounces cacao powder or about 3 heaping Tablespoons
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 4 oz date paste or 7 large dates pitted
- 1 Tablespoon liquid vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Make date paste first. Pit the dates and blend them in food processor until they create a ball of paste.
2. Next add the nuts, cacao, optional coconut flakes, nibs, salt and vanilla. Blend well.
3. Take this crust and press it into the bottom of your springform pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- 3 cups soaked cashews (soak at least 2 hours or over night)
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened vanilla, or coconut or cashew nut milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey (not strict gut repair) or coconut nectar, or monk fruit
- ½ dropper full of Sweet leaf stevia, vanilla cream flavor
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint essential oil or to taste. It depends on the strength of the essential oil you are using. A little usually goes a long way so taste-test it.
- 2 Tablespoons liquid vanilla
- 1 teaspoon chlorella powder
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder OR you could use 2 teaspoons of Healthforce Nutritionals VitaMineral Green.
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons lecithin
- 1 cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
1. Keep the green powders and Peppermint oil aside, do not add yet. Blend all other ingredients in vitamix Except the coconut oil or cacao butter And the lecithin.
2. After things are creamy, add the coconut oil or cacao butter and lecithin and blend again until well incorporated.
3. Next divide the filling into two batches. I kept one in the vitamix and added the other to the clean food processor.
4. Add the green powders and peppermint oil to one. Add 4 Tablespoons of cacao powder and 1 tablespoon of liquid vanilla to the other. Blend them both
5. Now you are going to swirl these in your springform pan. Remove pan from the freezer. Begin by adding a little chocolate filling and then the green filling. Alternate until your vitamix and food processor are all scraped clean. Next take a chop stick and gently swirl it around the filling to make it look swirled. Don’t over do.
Sprinkle the top with cacao nibs and a few mint leaves for garnish
Place in refrigerator to set. It will need at least 2-4 hours.