- 1 cup pecans (you can use walnuts in a pinch, but pecans are much better!)
- 1 cup dates,process into date paste
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons honeyor coconut syrup, monk fruit or stevia to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon raw vanilla powder or scrape the inside of 1 vanilla pod
- Option ½ cup goji berries, or other dried fruit
1. Add dates to the food processor and process until the mixture sticks together and forms a ball, remove and set aside.
2 Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
3. Add the dates back into the food processor with the pecan pieces and the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
4. Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
5. Refrigerate this raw brownie recipe for a couple of hours. You do not have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled. By the way, this is actually a raw brownie recipe that keeps its shape! So it can be good for serving to non-raw fooders because the presentation of this raw brownie recipe is good when chilled.
6. Store this raw brownie recipe in the refrigerator if it lasts that long!