Keto Chia Pudding
This healthy pudding is certain to put a smile on your face. You can have it for a snack or dessert. The chia seeds support your healthy colon, supporting bowel movements, and the fat from coconut milk offers you the energy you desire on a ketogenic nutritional plan.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or ( Not gut repair friendly-brazil nut, hazel nut or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp raw vanilla powder and or vanilla extract (do it to taste) I use both
- 1 tsp cinnamon or to taste
- 5 drops stevia or to taste (I prefer nothing as a sweetener for this one)
- You may add ¼ cup more liquid if you want it less thick. I prefer mine thick.
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder or medium roasted carob powder
After 2 months of gut repair you can use other milk substitutes such as almond, Brazil, hazelnut, or hemp- all contingent upon food sensitivities and cross reactivity to foods.
You can add 1 scoop of protein powder- I’m currently using Pure Pea Protein vanilla by Designs for Health or 1 Tbsp of Beef Collagen.
You can blend part of the pudding with berries, and then layer the berry colored pudding with the plain white pudding to create a dessert sensation. They sky is the limit!
1. Scrape out coconut milk can and blend well to incorporate any fat that collected at the top
2. add chia seeds and mix well by hand
3. add spices, stevia, optional protein powder and cacao or carob powders and stir well, consider using a whisk
4. place in refrigerator for 1 hour
During berry season, serve with fresh organic or wild harvested raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or blackberries