Herbed Mediterranean Frittata
- Oil for cooking- avocado, grapeseed or butter
- 6 cherry tomatoes or sliced heirloom or other organic tomato of your liking.
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5-6 black olives, pitted
- 3 large free-range eggs,increase by 2 eggs per person or make extra for left overs.
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- small handful fresh parsley, minced
- small handful basil, chiffonade
- small handful mint, minced
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat a dash of oil in skillet over medium heat
3.Add Cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, and salt and cook until onions are softened.
4. Add the olives next
5. Whisk eggs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper
6. Stir in the chopped herbs.
7.Pour eggs into the skillet
Keep the skillet on consistent medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, enough time to cook the lower portion of the frittata.
At this point, place the pan underneath the preheated broiler to cook the top part of the frittata.
Insert a knife to check and see if it’s cooked.
Let stand for a minute before serving