Grilled Chicken with Tangy Lime Marinade
- 3 limes juiced and their zest, kept separate
- 3 Tablespoons and 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard, make sure it does not have contaminants like soy oil or wheat
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos.
- 6 green onions chopped and kept separate
- 4 cloves garlic minced and kept separate
- 2 Tablespoons chopped basil, chiffonade style
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, I cut the stems off and discard.
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds boneless organic, free-range chicken thighs
1. Combine the zest and juice of 2 limes approximately 2/3 of the total liquid and 2/3 of the zest, 1/4 cup avocado oil, mustard, Coconut aminos liquid, ½ of the green onions, ½ of the garlic cloves, salt and pepper, and mix well.
2. Place chicken in a shallow glass dish and pour marinade over the chicken. Allow to stand for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat grill or grill pan or oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Place chicken on grill, and grill for 7 minutes. Or bake covered for 40 minutes or until fully cooked through.
5. If grilling, flip and cook until internal temp reaches 170 F, then remove from grill and allow meat to rest.
6. Meanwhile, combine juice and zest of the rest of the lime, with 3 Tablespoons avocado oil, the other ½ of the chopped onions, the other ½ of the minced garlic cloves, basil and cilantro.
7.Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces or strips and pour sauce over top.
Serve warm upon a bed of Cauliflower Rice from this book!