Curried Beef Stew With Green Beans
- 1 ½ lbs Chuck cross rib roast cubed or stew beef cubed
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked pepper (I use a tricolor).
- 2 large cloves garlic diced
- 1 medium-large yellow onion sliced or chopped (if you are an onion fan feel free to use another small one and you can also add 1 cup small round pearl onions.)
- 1 ½ Tbsp curry powder
- 2 large handfuls of organic green beans appropriately ½ lb or so (I know my measurements may not seem helpful. This is a creative process, follow your heart and do your best.)
- Optional 1 cup sliced organic carrots.
- Optional 1 large yam or 2 smaller ones (you can also use sweet potato or purple potatoes or a combination of all.)
- Optional 1 cup broccoli
- Optional 1 cup cauliflower
- 3-4 large tomatoes chopped (or 28oz can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup of beef broth or water
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- Option: ¼ cup Cilantro chopped for garnish
1. Lightly cook meat in a slightly greased pan (with avocado, grapeseed, or coconut oil) with the paprika, thyme and pepper. It doesn’t need to be cookedall the way. If you’re in a hurry you can simply dump everything into the crock pot and go.
2. While it’s cooking, chop the optional yam into rounds or quarters, chop onion, chop tomatoes and save as much juice as you can, dice garlic, cut tips off green beans and cut them in half for easier eating. Chop other optional veggies if you desire them.
3. Place everything into crock pot, add meat and then swish the broth or water in the pan the meat cooked in and scrape up anything that stuck then pour thisinto the crock pot as well. If it seems like you still need a little liquid feel free to add another 1/2-1 cup of broth or water. The veggies will create more juice as it cooks.
4. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Times may vary depending on the kind of crock pot you have. Longer wont hurt but the yams will likely fall apart.
5. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.