Creamy Coconut Pumpkin Fudge
This is so good, I always double the recipe.
- 1 cup coconut cream concentrate (Trader Joes, or asian section of grocery store) or coconut butter (Artisana is my favorite brand)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (I use organic from a can).
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (not gut repair friendly) or to taste, or monk fruit (Gut repair Friendly) (zero on glycemic index) Or stevia (Gut repair Friendly) works well, I prefer Sweet Leaf brand, but watch for alcohol.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice or pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract- I prefer raw vanilla, scraped from the pod, or you can do both.
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional ¼ cup raw cacao powder (Not Gut Repair Friendly) or gluten free carob powder (Gut Repair Friendly) (watch for and avoid malt barley as a sweetener)
In a small saucepan, heat the coconut cream concentrate and pumpkin puree over low-medium heat. When the coconut cream concentrate is melted, lower the heat and add sweetener, spices, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
Pour pumpkin mixture into a well-greased glass Pyrex brownie pan (I use coconut oil) (or cut a piece of parchment to fit the bottom of the pan), or pie plate. Cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight or freeze for 1-2 hours.